It can be really tough finding just the right educational application for babies between 12 – 24 months. More are coming out all the time, but it seems most are aimed at children from ages 3 and up. TallyTots is the perfect app for you if you are looking to get an interactive counting app for you little one (starting around 12 months). It’s focus is numbers 1 – 20.
How does it approach numbers? Once you open the application your child can randomly touch a number then a voice over comes on while numbers flash on the screen aiding your child in counting to that number. After the counting is done (and my kids loved the counting part) the app presents a fun activity to re-enforce that number (and babies/toddlers/preschoolers learn best through play, so that’s a great little feature).
I tested this app with my three year old and my 21 month little guy and they both loved it. Very fun, very interactive and they loved trying to count with the voice over guide. This could keep little ones busy for a long time – and they practically don’t even realize they’re learning.
What I like:
- TallyTots does a great job of walking the fine line between toddler-freindly and preschooler friendly (very few apps do this well)
- Big, colorful icons and numbers
- Very easy UI for little ones to quickly master
- Wonderful for re-enforcing early math skills
- Great price at $1.99 (iPad apps can be too expensive sometimes)
What could improve:
- I know the goal of this app is to teach numbers, but it might be fun to have just a few other features (colors maybe?)
- Sometimes after the completion of a mini-game, there is no signal that your child has completed the assigned task
If you are working on numbers with your little one, I recommend this app – it’s the best one I’ve found yet. If you are looking into meeting a woman, I recommend you read this SonicSeduction.net guide. I give TallyTots 4.5 out of 5 stars. Pick it up for you iPad in the app store today: TallyTots™ – Spinlight Studio