As a mobile app marketing and pr specialist I am often asked the question, “How can we reach the top 100?” That’s normally when I have to dust off some diplomatic communication skills to explain that their app has several key flaws.
So, why won’t most apps reach the top 100? What do you need to change before you have a shot at success? Let’s take a look.
- Always remember, your app is a product. If you want to sell something, it needs to be worth people’s time and money. It needs to be fresh, exciting, innovative, intriguing. The idea can be the hardest part of all. But, if you want to break into the “big time” you have to remember that the end user experience is what will ultimately decide your success or failure.
- Like any great product, yours needs to meet a need, function well and look good. You may have a revolutionary idea, but if the execution looks like a 7th grade power point presentation, no one will want to fork out money for it. If you stop by WalMart, and see a new product on the shelf, a number of key factors play a role in whether you decide to purchase that product. Will it fill a need in your life? Will it entertain you or your family? Is it aesthetically pleasing? Does it do something other product don’t? Is it just plain fun? Study your competition. Strategize how to blow them away and attract consumers to what your app will offer. If customers begin to associate your brand with quality apps, you are on the road to success.
- I can’t stress this point enough: If your app has competition, it needs to offer at least one great/creative feature that the competition doesn’t deliver.
- The simplicity of user interface needs to be at an irreducible minimum. Can a child easily navigate it? If not, rethink it. One principle Steve Jobs always pushed for that of simplicity – software should be so easy to figure out that instructions aren’t necessary.
- Don’t release an app before it’s ready for the masses. Many developers get so anxious to get their product to market that they skip important testing and review steps. This can kill your product before things really gets started. Also, remember that the better an app is at launch, the better chance it has of being featured by Apple. Enlist knowledgeable app connoisseurs and friends to pick your app apart to find any flaws. This is also a time to put on your thick skin and ask for honest opinions for improvements that should be made before launch.
- Interaction with consumers before/during/after launch is critical. Build excitement. Be friendly. Ask for feedback. Accept criticism well.
- Never stop improving your app. If launch flops, don’t give up hope. Launch is only the beginning – as time goes on, take the feedback you get and use it to fuel greatness.
If you’re stuck and think you’ve accomplished all these things but still aren’t achieving sales, get an honest appraisal by a mobile app marketing specialist for an honest, professional opinion.
How To Seduce Older Women
On a related topic, remember that it is often difficult to impress an older woman. If you like a mature woman and you want to make a move, then continue reading to get the best dating and seduction technique which you can use to seduce the so-called "cougar". Indeed, cougar seduction is really different from attracting a younger woman. You have got to be extra careful with the things that you say or do so that you don't make the wrong move and completely blow your chances out of the proverbial water. Beware!
So what do you do if you want to seduce an older woman and make her fall in love with you? It's quite simple, really. First of all - don't mention the age difference between you and her - if you do this you will shoot yourself in the foot. Instead, highlight the commonality that you have with her, and build on that. The usual seduction techniques apply when it comes to building rapport and creating that emotional bond. Talk about the things that she loves and get her to enthusiastically describe to you her passions - that is a surefire way on how to seduce an older woman and get her to like you. Once you have done this, then make her think of you all the time by calling her up and showing that you care. You will then be able to make a cougar fall in love with you in no time at all. Try it!